resources

Friday, November 18, 2011

Home Study Started!

Feels like we are off to a good start. We actually should have our home study wrapped up in the next few weeks! We have had one meeting already. Then I guess it takes around 6-12 weeks to get our dossier together (which is where the real paperwork, application process begins).
We have pretty much decided on Columbia, and because of our situation will be working with a private adoption house (some people have to work through the government organization directly, where the wait time can be around 3 years!) Our case worker said she has had people referred in as little as 6 months after their dossier, but she is checking on the number of applicants currently applying through Bethany to give us a better idea. Six months would be amazing, but we aren't going to let our hopes get up for that (at least not that high).
I have already warned Nate to be ready for me to turn into a paper-nazi. I want to hurry up with our paperwork so we can wait! :)

2 comments:

  1. We have friends who adopted from Columbia. if you want to read their story I have a link on the sidebar of my blog (Zach and Renee). I know they have lots of other blog links about other families adopting from Columbia. Just thought I would pass that on if you were interested or wanted to hear other people's stories about adoption from Columbia. :) God bless you on this journey. We are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting Kara! I am so happy for you and Nate and I will pray for your process and hope everything goes smoothly! How awesome :)

    ReplyDelete