resources

Monday, August 1, 2011

curtain call

i did these a few months ago when i purchased my first sewing machine, a singer pixie plus, and i love it! It is small yet gets the job done (so i have only done "straight" lines so far but for me it is great!) Even though I love the tall windows in our laundry room that look over our backyard, with the new deck you were looking right into the back of our washer & dryer. The old windows are single pane and even with the storm windows they might as well be screens so I was hoping the curtains might help a little with the electrical bills.
 So I picked out the most floral covered fabric Nate would allow and got to work, sewing together four rectangle boxes to hang with tension rods that (bonus!) i found in the basement that the previous owners had left behind.
 I may have lost my view but I honestly don't think it gets as hot in there as it has been before!

1 comment: