resources

Sunday, May 6, 2012

You can never be too prepared?

One of the decisions we, well mostly influenced by me :), have had to make was to decide if we wanted to use disposable or cloth diapers. After a lot of research and a lot of hesitation by Nate, I became more and more certain that cloth diapers were the way to go. Not only are they environmentally friendly, but you save a lot of money. So imagine my excitement when these came the other day!
As soon as I made the purchase, I e-mailed Nate that we will never have to buy diapers again! (haha- since we have never bought diapers before.. I thought it was funny) Even though that is not entirely true, as we won't be using these in Colombia/travel, but close!
They are by Comfy Rumps. It is a small company out of Canada, but they are supposed to be just as good as the name brands (based on my facebook-stalking of other people's posts about them and other research) and much much cheaper! They were also having a sale on a new style and a sale for buying a certain number, so I pounced. We purchased 30 diapers (they are one-size-fits-all), 5 extra liners, and a wetbag (to keep in our diaper bag for changes on the go). With shipping it was a grand total of only $250.
Did we need to purchase these already? Nah. But since they will be something we will have to buy eventually,they were a good deal, and they obviously wont be going bad, I felt comfortable buying them. But for now, off to a closet they go so I stop getting impatient every time I look at them! :)

2 comments:

  1. Bethany VanAllerMay 6, 2012 at 4:37 PM

    Too funny. Hm.... Who's a better diaper changer? You or Nate? lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think the verdict is still out on that one...i think we both need to work on not gagging! :)

      Delete