resources

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Just for fun

Whoa. Buying stuff makes it real: a baby, is actually going to depend on us and needs us to buy it things- crazy! :)   In all seriousness though, we are really excited! I am determined to be ready as much as physically possible by the time we get the referral (1-because buying baby stuff is f.u.n, and 2-getting everything for a baby in just the few weeks we would have sounds very stressful). Which means we get to do fun stuff like get the basics for a nursery!
We actually bought a crib already and I made Nate put it together right away- he is such a good sport. (Thankfully we have figured out that we are not one of those couples who should build things together since I am told I question ever little thing Nate does, so for me, getting to sit quietly in the corner to watch was a big step!)


I also just bought some fabric online for a crib skirt, curtains, etc. Keeping in mind that we don't know the gender- I decided to go neutral for the core pieces and want to add girl/boy elements when the time comes. So just for fun, here is a hint of some of the fabrics I just bought!
Hopefully, I'll like them when I actually see them in person (I just couldn't find the styles I wanted in local stores- what a bummer). Thankfully, so far any sewing required will be rectangles, so I can continue to practice straight lines :) When we get the room set up pretty much to the point where it is "done" for awhile, ill take some final pictures to share!

1 comment:

  1. So very exciting, Kara! I love the fabric you picked out. The crib is really pretty too.

    ReplyDelete