resources

Friday, March 16, 2012

We're (finally!) waiting!

Wishing we could give a big high-five to our God right now - we were accepted by Los Pisingos and are on the wait list!

I got this message today from our International Services Coordinator:
...your dossier has been submitted and "officially" registered with the adoption house. At this point you are on their waiting list for are referral! The next update will be to give you the actual referral!

What an absolute relief to be to this point! Now we will just try to not get impatient or anxious as the months roll on. A part of me cannot believe that the next step will finally be news that there is a little Colombian bundle waiting for us to come scoop them up :)

Let the wait begin!

7 comments:

  1. That is so amazing. Maybe this is a sign the wait wont be too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your whole blog now and I just wanted to wish you guys good luck!

    We are also waiting to bring home our little girl from LP and I read everything that I can find about the country, culture, Los Pisingos etc and that´s how I ended up here in your blog.

    Hope the wait goes by fast, but I know what it's like to just want to fast forward everything...

    Take care
    Best regards

    Petronella, Sweden
    petronella.noren@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Hoping you get to meet your little girl soon! Please keep me up to date on your journey, always good to keep in touch with other LP families :)

      Delete
    2. Do you know other families who have children from LP? I read about one who had three kids that you met. I am in contact with many families through a Facebook group, but also I have contact with people in France and one other family from the US. I think it's great - you have the most important thing in your life reuniting you with people from all over the world! :-)

      Delete
    3. There actually is a large group of Colombian adoptive families in our area. I know of at least three families for sure who have worked with LP. The group makes sure to get together a few times a year.
      Did you get your referral yet or are you still patiently waiting? :)

      Delete
    4. I would love to tell you, but more privately so if you want to you can send me an email to the adress I wrote in my first comment or you can add me on Facebook: Petronella Noren and I will tell you.
      Since things are not completely done yet I prefer private conversations, but believe me - I WANT to tell the whole world!) ;-)

      Delete