resources

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Waiting "Patiently"..

There are two government approvals that we are waiting on yet for our dossier: the FBI background clearance and Immigration.

Our paperwork has been with the FBI for five weeks (today. I know this because we tracked it and someone signed for it 5 weeks ago today). They estimate it will take them that long to even get the paperwork in their system so they don't really want you calling to check on it until then. So of course I called today! Nothing, they said to call back next week.

Last week I got the mail and got overly excited when I saw something from immigration (Nate can vouch that I was way too pumped up). It was just a letter saying they had received our paperwork.. (I was hoping it was the letter assigning us a fingerprinting date). So I called them today too (we send the paperwork to one place, and then they send it somewhere else where it actually gets processed). They don't have us in their system yet either. He did give me hope though when he said he thought we might get our fingerprinting date assigned in the next couple weeks- which means they might be moving a little quicker compared to the FBI? I won't try to get my hopes up...

So today I am praying for efficient workers over in the FBI and Immigration offices!

2 comments:

  1. Praying alongside you! Don't feel silly when you get excited about the little things...it's part of the journey. Go ahead and let yourself be excited at every opportunity. Once we had our fingerprints done with USCIS I believe we got approval from them just under 60 days later, but I have heard it varies. Prepare yourself for the longhaul and if it come quickly, you'll be pleasantly suprised! :) So excited for you! Keep calling - I think it works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh! so the real wait comes AFTER the fingerprinting!

    ReplyDelete