resources

Thursday, April 14, 2011

if you build it they will come

After we had an unusual spring day in the 70s, we are pumped about out plans for a little addition to the back side of our home... drumroll please... a deck! I am so excited about it that  I thought I would surprise Nate by digging some of the bricks that were in the way (surprise!) for him. I didn't think to take a before pic of that, but here is a after-the-bricks-were-pulled-out but pre-deck shot

 
see that patch of dirt next to the driveway? yah- i cleared that out, lugged all the bricks to the back of the garage (because I have no idea what else to do with them) and then moved the must-have-been-at-least-50-pounds-a-piece blocks of concrete in a pile (see those in the corner?) I have a plan for those, but have to get the man to approve. Hopefully, in a week or so, we will finally have a designated place to chillax in our backyard, AND finally put an end to the "why is there a door that leads to a three foot dropoff?" issue.

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea! i'll be stopping by to see this! kara you must have some serious muscles :)

    ReplyDelete